Welcome Corner Discussions
Join the Welcome Corner discussion, where newcomers and community veterans are encouraged to introduce themselves, learn about others, and build their networks.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Community - Where are you from?

lauraschmitz
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

SAP Community keeps growing and growing and I am super excited for this Welcome Corner as it gives the chance for not only new members but everyone to get to know one another and connect with each other.

As my colleague @Katherine_K gives an overall introduction to the Group and what you can expect from it in her blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to start a discussion about the different locations represented in our global SAP Community. I am interested to read where you are located and where SAP Community is spread around the world.

I am from Germany and currently living in Wiesbaden, which is the capital of one of the sixteen German states located in the west. After years of studies and living in different places, my hometown has caught me again with its charm and the closeness to friends and family has won me over.

But now I am curious, where are you tuning in from?

5,239 REPLIES 5,239

Hello @IngmarKat welcome! I am Svea from Germany, living close to Mannheim. I am also part of the SAP Community Team 😀
Where are you from?

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

michaltvrdy74
Participant

so pretty - I just looked at photos in Google 🙂

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

mezze99
Employee
Employee

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi @mezze99 - welcome to Groups! Where are you based? I'm Katherine from Galway (Ireland) - part of the SAP Community team.

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

sandeep_tp
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, I am working for the Mobile Engineering team. I would be writing blog posts about integrating SAP Backend with Mobile Applications.

Lucknow

@former_member130904 I needed to look op "Lucknow" - I never heard about it! I am of course not sure but you might be the only one from there 🙂

Warm welcome to SAP Community! I am Svea and I live in Germany, close to Mannheim! Enjoy being part of the SAP Community Groups!

----- Stay up-to-date with SAP Community and subscribe to What's New today! -----

pooja_yadav
Explorer

from BANGALORE, India

Welcome @pooja_yadav 

You might want to check out the Bangalore Group and connect with local peers. Don't forget to join or subscribe to the group. Enjoy interacting with others from Bangalore 🙂 

abhishekd
Advisor
Advisor

Hi,

I am Abhishek from India.

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @abhishekd - thanks for your comment! 
Where about from India? Have you explored our location-based Groups yet? Especially the ones from
 Asia Pacific? You can check them out and join all of them, but maybe there is one that is close by to where you're from (BengaluruGurgaonHyderabad). Have a look 🙂

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

thfe
Explorer

Hi 👋🏽

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi and welcome @thfe  🙂
What's your name and where do you come from? What is your expertise? Do you want to share a bit more about you? You might also want to join our #CommunitySpirit initiative, which is currently running! Check it out! 
Cheers, Svea

Hi Svea,
I'm Thiago from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I'm project manager, SAP consultant and working as application manager for an energy company. I also certified in SD module in 2011 and recently get a new SAP certification in SAP Activate Project Manager. Happy to be part of this community!
Thank you! Cheers, Thiago.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hey Thiago ( @thfe ) nice to meet you and thanks for sharing your expertise!

Great that you are now part of the community. We have a dedicated group for Sao Paulo, which is only a one hour flight away from you. Not ideal, but you might want to check it out in order to connect with other locals, especially when there are events - and there is one planned on July 29: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/sap-insidetrack/sap-inside-track-s%C3%A3o-paulo-2023/ev-p/222497 - maybe it's a chance for you to either share your knowledge, build it or for networking with locals. 😊

Hi @sveabecker!

Thanks for your reply! I have already requested to join to São Paulo group and I saw some knowing faces over there. Please let me know when you will be in Brazil to meet you in person.

Ps: Rio is better than São Paulo, 😂.

Best regards,
Thiago

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

😂😂😂
Well ... you could request a Group for Rio @thfe !!!

Hope you enjoy the Groups and do some great networking there!

----- Check out the SAP Community events today! Don't miss out on new insights. -----

Hi @Katherine_K !!

That is a good idea!! I will search for contacts here in Rio and submit this proposal. Let's see!!

Best regards,
Thiago

Katherine_K
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Yes indeed, you can read more about Location Groups. No pressure though! Happy to have you participate in our Groups and taking part in discussions, or feel free to start a discussion of your own.

sveabecker
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Cool! I have never been to Brazil so I rely on you what's better 😅

softwaresatish1
Advisor
Advisor

Hello from Ireland..

dhananjaypatil
Explorer

Hello All,

Great to meet you all and collaborate further. 

Hello @dhananjaypatil and great to meet you too! Where are you from? Maybe we have a dedicated location group near to where you live so that you can be part of it? Check them all out here: https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/location/ct-p/location 🙂

AndreasHF
Explorer

Hi Community,
I am from Munich, Germany. 🙂

farhadmalegam
Explorer

Hi,

I'm from Sydney, Australia.

Kind regards,

Farhad Malegam

Dear @farhadmalegam welcome to SAP Community. I would like to invite you to the Sydney group, where you can connect with locals. You'll also get updates about local events. Don't forget to click "Join" or "Subscribe" when being there 🙂

Cheers, Svea

VasudevanCV
Associate
Associate

Hello I am Vasudevan CV from India and will be writing blogs related to SAP Products

ilaria_mar
Advisor
Advisor

Hi, I am italian but living next to our Walldorf headquarter 🙂 Proud to be part of SAP!

robert75
Explorer

Hi everybody,

I am Robert from Boxtel - The Netherlands.

Hey, I am living, working and studying in Zurich, Switzerland.

Hi @former_member131362 - did you already join our location-based group in Zürich? Hit the JOIN button and connect with community members around your area. 

Join or subscribe to SAP Community Groups to stay up-to-date, including SAP TechEd Group.

mpecoraro
Participant

Hi Laura,

I am Marco Pecoraro from Montreal

former_member131372
Discoverer

Hi Laura! I'm a SAP SuccesFactor Consultant from Argentina. 🇦🇷 

Hi 👋🏼
SAP Integration Consultant from London, UK 🙂 

@former_member131377 you are in a great area with so much market demand. Thanks for all that you do!

----- Find out What's New in SAP Community - click on "Options - Subscribe" today!-----

iamnaveen
Participant

Hi, I'm Naveen India

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi @Former Member  and welcome!
Where about from India? Have you explored our location-based Groups yet? Especially the ones from
 Asia Pacific? You can check them out and join all of them, but maybe there is one that is close by to where you're from (BengaluruGurgaonHyderabad). Have a look 🙂

kishoreadusumal
Explorer

Hi Everyone, I'm Lloyd from Australia. I'm looking forward to contributing to the community including blog posts and answers.